Being a mom can be so crazy and chaotic at times. I might not get to shower in peace but once a week when my husband is home and eat sitting down at the table most mornings and this can start to make me a little crazy!!! But there are times that I sit and look at both of my children and honestly ask God if this is all for real?!?!
First off its 4am and Adam is of to work and normally I would be sleeping. The house is so quiet it almost seems kinda creepy to be honest, but all of the sudden I can hear Cooper in him room over the monitor cooing and talking so sweetly to himself... IT'S 4AM!!!!!! Normally a baby this age,well his sister anyway, would wake up screaming and need to be rocked back to sleep.
No not Cooper instead I go into his room and just kinda peek in the crib to see him laying there playing with his fingers and talking. About 2 minutes later he is out and sleeping like log. Its hard not to want to pick him up and snuggle him and kiss him all over...until I remember its 4am and I run like hell for bed before he wakes up again!!!!!! :)
Oh and Gracie is another story all together! She has become the biggest blessing and beautiful little girl in the world!!!! Tonight we were cleaning the house and she was helping as always when I decided to open a window and just let the fresh air in. She climbed up onto of the dresser and was looking out the window when she saw a plane and its flashing lights. Clearly at 26 I pay not an ounce of attention to a plane at night, well I do sometimes wonder where it has came from and where it is going but that is it!!!! Gracie on the other hand in her true 3 year old self told me that it was "totally awesome" and that plane was on a "special mission" :) Her face just lit up and she was telling me all about all the things and places that it was going to see and go. I kept asking more questions and she never even had to stop for a second to think about what her answer was going to be. The entire thing lasted about 2 minutes while we watched the plane pass over the house and as it went out of sight she yelled out the window as loud as she could "bye plane I will see you tomorrow!"
These are the moments that make me stop and ask God if this is all real?!?! Have I really been blessed to be the mother of two amazing little people that will someday grow to be apart of this huge world?!?! I know that there will be a day that I miss having Cooper in his seat "talking" while Gracie sings him songs to keep him happy in the bathroom while I shower and I wont think a warm meal at the table is a big deal anymore. But God I hope deep down that it is not anytime soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment